Sunday, August 4, 2013

Veggie + Chicken Sausage Skillet

This weekend has been full of cooking and baking, two of my favorite things! I've been whipping up some new recipes and all have turned out well. I even made some sweets for Tyler because he's been working so hard these past few weeks. My favorite recipe was an awesome skillet packed full of kale, spinach, onion, and spinach + feta chicken sausage. It was so simple, yet full of flavor!

First, start out with some coconut oil - the good stuff! I used about 1 tsp. and put it into a skillet on medium heat to melt. 


Once the coconut oil is melted and dispersed around the pan, add in the greens and veggies. I did 1 handful of kale, 1 handful of spinach, 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms, and 2 tbsp chopped onion. Give it a few minutes to cook before stirring.


Once the veggies finally start to wilt and cook, add in the protein packed star: Al Fresco Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage! I only used 1/2 of a sausage, but a full one would be great too if you're really hungry!


Stir everything up and let it keep cooking. 


Give it about 2-3 minutes after you put the sausage in to get everything heated through. Then, put it on a plate and enjoy. I served mine with an ear of corn from my grandparents'! Yum!


Later on in the day I decided to bake for Tyler..blueberry chocolate chip muffins & pudding m&m cookies! He was in heaven! 


Have a fabulous rest of the weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment